Microsoft HoloLens 2 is an augmented reality headset developed and manufactured by Microsoft. It is the successor to the original Microsoft HoloLens.
Microsoft HoloLens 2 glasses will provide the most immersive AR experience since they have a holographic display. This means that as a user, you will see 3D holograms overlaid in the real world, and those holograms use spatial AR to remain where you placed them (and yes, that is cool). With that said, they are also more expensive than most other models covered in this guide. The 3D holograms can be very useful in some cases, but in others, they will be less beneficial.
We know from experience that it's easy to be blown away by the fact that they are cool, but remember to make sure they match your use case.
- Standalone solution with see-through lenses
- Spatially aware, allowing you to position remote guidance instructions where suitable
- Hand tracking for navigating the user interface
- Multi-user support (incl. biometric fast sign-in)
- Available in industrial and hardhat versions
- Shorter operating time compared to many other models