Install XMReality Vuzix devices
There are two ways of installing and updating XMReality on your Vuzix device, through the Vuzix App Store or via APK. We recommend the Vuzix App Store to get automated updates. You can access Vuzix App Store here.
If you cannot use the app store, below is a description for how to manually install an APK. This does require you to manually keep track of updates and connect the Vuzix device(s) to your computer each time you want to update them.
Install XMReality manually using an APK
- Download the Vuzix-adapted XMReality application here (v10.3.0, July 5, 2023).
- Download and install Vuzix Viewer on your computer.
- On the Vuzix device, go to Settings -> Connected Devices and make sure that Allow ADB is enabled
- Once Vuzix Viewer is installed and ADB enabled, connect the Vuzix to your PC using the attached cable
- Drag the APK file you downloaded in step 1 into the Vuzix viewer window, which will then install XMReality on your Vuzix device. The program will then be installed and can be found in the standard menu
- To log in with your XMReality account on Vuzix, using a QR login code is easiest. With the QR code open on your phone, enter XMReality 6 on your Vuzix device and click “Scan QR login code” and turn the camera to the screen with the QR code open
- These steps are based on https://www.vuzix.com/Support/FAQ/Detail/186, if something is not working or you want to install in another way, please look at the FAQ page above provided by Vuzix
Update to the latest XMReality version
To update your Vuzix device with the latest version of XMReality, follow steps 1-5 above. The latest APK can be downloaded by clicking the link under step 1.